Join The TeamTentative Test Dates
Written Test - 2nd Wed of month Inglewood City Hall, First Floor, Community Room A
Physical Agility Test (PAT) - Following Saturdays Morningside High School Field, Inglewood
Oral Interviews - 3rd Wed of month Second Floor of City Hall, Traffic Counter
BACKGROUND ORIENTATION - 2/5/14 at 6pm
The background orientation was changed to be held in Community Room A, which is the first floor of Inglewood City Hall
Applicants to all employment positions in law enforcement are highly encouraged to attend our background orientation. The orientation will give applicants an idea as to exactly what law enforcement agencies are seeking in an applicant. You will have an opportunity to speak with background investigators and understand their perspective as they process applicants for positions. When applicants leave the orientation, they will have a greater understanding as to what they need to do to increase their chances of getting hired with an agency.
|MONTH||ORIENTATION (6:00PM)||WRITTEN (6:00PM)||PAT (8:00AM)||ORAL/banding (8:00AM-5:00PM)|
The majority of invitations to participate in our testing processes are conducted via email. It is incumbent that applicants regularly check their email so as to not miss invites to participate. Please ensure that your email is legibly written on your application or your invitation to participate in our processes might not be received.
If IPD email is being marked as SPAM by you're service provider, please ensure you add it to your safe sender list. Instructions for major providers can be found here.
Full Time Openings
Forms and Information
- Police Officer Information Packet
- Physical Fitness Requirements
- Job Application Form
- List of Required Documents
You will be required to produce the following documents to complete a background investigation. Obtaining these documents as soon as possible can dramatically speed your ability to be processed and ultimately hired. All applicants are encouraged to produce these documents upon meeting with a background investigator.
- Pre-Investigative Questionnaire
- Personal History Statement
- http://www.post.ca.gov/forms.aspx - Once you get to this page, you will need to download the appropriate forms.
- Personal History Statement – Peace Officer
- Personal History Statement – Public Safety Dispatcher-non police officer applicants must use this form
Turn all POLICE OFFICER applications into the 2nd Floor of City Hall or FAX to 310-330-5758 or email email@example.com.
For recruitment information, please call 1-855-IPD4JOB (1-855-473-4562).
The Written Examination consists of the following:
- Language Skills - Reading Comprehension
- Language Skills - Spelling
- Language Skills - Vocabulary
- Situation Reasoning - Inductive & Deductive Reasoning questions ask the candidate to draw inferences from general and specific statements.
- Situational Reasoning - Name & Number Accuracy; Accuracy matching names, addresses, vehicle identification numbers, etc.